This position ensures that vehicles are placed in sale condition according to customer specifications and Auction standards by performing a variety of cleaning duties to the interior and exterior of the vehicles. Responsibilities on Sale Day include running an auction lane as a Lane Leader, ensuring the flow of vehicles throughout the auction by directing the driver team, communicating with mechanics and working with other team members to quickly resolve vehicle no-start or vehicle breakdown concerns.
- Clean out and de-trash interior of vehicles by removing any debris and trash as well as in the trunk and engine compartments. Remove license plates and stickers, as well as any writing from windows, except pertinent to Auction business.
- Wash vehicles using a hand held high-pressure washer. Apply chemicals, power-wash the engine compartment and clean battery terminals. Clean doorjambs, sills, interior panels, wheels, tires, hub caps/wheel covers, wheel wells, moldings, bumpers, head- and taillights, spare tire, exterior panels, trunk and hood.
- Detail vehicles by cleaning and dressing trim, molding, weather stripping, instrument panel, steering wheel, dash molding, etc. with detail brushes. Clean doorjambs and sills, interior and exterior windows. Vacuum interior, scrub, shampoo and spot clean carpet and upholstery.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform Lane Leader responsibilities on Sale Day, including but not limited to:
- Conducting pre-sale walks to ensure proper staging of vehicles, conduct pre-sale meeting with drivers identifying driving routes or lane concerns, monitor lane traffic during the sale and utilizing radio for constant team communication, ensure the safety of drivers and customers by quickly responding to, and addressing, vehicle safety/operational concerns.
- Drive vehicles through the auction on Sale Day, following the instructions of the Auctioneers and/or Ringman, other Lane Leaders or your Supervisor.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills.
- Physically able to meet repetitive work demands, including regular use of hand held high pressure power washer.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Physical ability to repetitively enter and exit all types of vehicles.
- Effective verbal communication in the English language (bilingual would be an asset but not required) as regular use of radio communication and interpersonal communication with customers is required.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Auditory abilities required to follow Auctioneer and/or Ringman instructions, respond to radio communication and for vehicle driving safety within the lot.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (tools, equipment).
- Ability to complete company provided, required safety courses on a computer