Canada is known to be one of the biggest agricultural producers and at the same time one of the exporting countries in the universe. Dairy contributes 12% to the major agricultural production in Canada.
Canadian dairy sector put up to approximately $ 18.9 billion annually to the country’s GDP, and also provide nearly 215,000 full-time jobs. Farms in Canada lack adequate manpower due to the small size of the population.
There many vacancies at dairy farms all across the country, both on full-time and part-time basis. Expatriates are also qualified to apply for these positions. One of the benefits of a foreign worker is that there is possibility to become a permanent resident.
Applicants must possess these qualities;
- Previous animal handling
- Previous poultry experience
- Physically fit and reliable
- Good communication skill
- No formal education is needed
These are the designed duties which a dairy farmer/worker is expected to do;
- Feeding of the cows
- Administration of medication
- Packing the waste and making provision for health management
- Milking of the cows
- Ensuring that all milking equipment are intact and carefully used
- Consulting nutritionist or veterinary doctor if there is need to