National Sanitation Manager Jobs in Mississauga Canada» Manages the corporate sanitation program by driving both performance and standardization across an assigned group of plants. The role provides technical support to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders including plant sanitation teams, external sanitation contractors, sanitation chemical suppliers, FSQA and Purchasing. Provides technical support as a functional SME on capital projects, food safety and product quality investigations.
A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward-looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
RELATED JOBS Athletic Facility Assistant Jobs in Toronto Canada
National Sanitation Manager
Manages the corporate sanitation program by driving both performance and standardization across an assigned group of plants. The role provides technical support to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders including plant sanitation teams, external sanitation contractors, sanitation chemical suppliers, FSQA and Purchasing. Provides technical support as a functional SME on capital projects, food safety and product quality investigations.RELATED JOBS Travel Agent Jobs in Toronto Canada
A SNAPSHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
- Process Owner for the corporate sanitation program. Maintains program standards and ensures that the program elements are updated to reflect changing internal and external requirements.
- Collaborates and supports key stakeholders including internal sanitation teams, external sanitation contractors, sanitation chemical suppliers, FSQA, Operations, Maintenance, Safety and Corporate Purchasing to ensure program compliance and to resolve issues related to equipment, process and people.
- Drives plant compliance with all company and regulatory standards, policies, procedures and practices related to sanitation through coaching, training, reporting and follow up.
- Provides technical support for all sanitation-related inquiries. Drives knowledge sharing and communication regionally and across the plant network. Assists in the development of new cleaning procedures or optimizes existing sanitation processes and procedures that have a direct impact on product food safety and quality. Supports significant food safety and product quality investigations.
- Drives program continuous improvement by monitoring key performance metrics within the assigned region and through onsite assessments that focus on: sanitation tools, sanitation processes/procedures and people management.
- Functional SME by providing sanitation and sanitary design expertise on corporate and plant capital projects.S
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of relevant plant experience preferably in managing sanitation programs, including managing direct reports.
- Post-secondary school education, preferably in the areas of Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry or related field.
- The high degree of functional competence and technical understanding of sanitation practices and sanitation chemistry.
- Working knowledge of the functionality of sanitation cleaning/sanitizing systems and other sanitation tools used for daily execution from the tank to wand. This includes the basic principles of CIP (Clean in Place) and COP (Cleanout of Place).
- Working knowledge of the use of heat intervention on a wide variety of equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence others.
- Proven managerial skills to coach others.
- Cross-functional experience and/or participation in cross-functional teams.
- Effective change agent demonstrated through the ability to work with people consistent with the Leadership Edge Values to reach desired outcomes.
- Effective situational leadership ie demonstrated success in applying the appropriate leadership style for a given situation.
- Process thinker with the ability to provide clarity of thought to a given situation.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab.
- Able to manage ambiguity by offering solutions rather than presenting problems when escalating issues.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to translate data into information and insights that “connect’ with the intended audience.
- Willing team player by helping others through support without boundaries or conditions.
- An active learner who is able to provide coaching and is receptive to coaching.
- Willing and able to provide ideas/content, share knowledge, and is receptive to feedback.
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be able to work on the sanitation shift for troubleshooting, coaching and assessments when the need arises or requested.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.